Public Sector Superannuation Scheme (PSS) or Commonwealth Superannuation Scheme (CSS) can grow extra super and get access to additional super options by becoming a PSSap Ancillary member.
PSSap Ancillary membership is designed to complement PSS and CSS membership. It has no impact on PSS or CSS benefits or super guarantee contributions, but it does give members access to more flexible investment, insurance, and super maximisation options.
PSSap Ancillary members ....
- have access to additional investment options, including Cash, Income Focused, Balanced and Aggressive
- can grow extra super by making salary sacrifice and personal (after tax) contributions
- can save tax (salary sacrifice contributions are taxed at 15% as opposed to your marginal tax rate)
- can accept spousal contributions
- have access to lifePLUS cover, which offers income protection and lump sum death and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- can transfer cover from other superannuation funds allowing you to consolidate super accounts
PSSap Ancillary is a great way for PSS and CSS members to boost their super savings as they prepare for retirement. PSS and CSS members can also use it to gain access to lifePLUS cover.
It is also regularly used to consolidate money from other super funds to be used to establish a Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation retirement income (CSCri) account. See CSCri for details.
Read the Ancillary membership guide for full details about eligibility and types of contributions, investment options and risk, fees and other costs.
Ancillary membership [PDF 473 KB]