Tips for case managers preparing applications for CSS and PSS invalidity retirement
Here are some tips for you to follow to help us process your submission sooner.
- Preface all applications with a brief summary of the case. Head the case summary with the members’ full name and AGS number in capital letters and bold font.
- Include a completed copy of the CSS or PSS Application for issue of invalidity retirement certificate (SPC) form
- Ensure the checklist at Section D of the SPC is completed and all required documents are included.
- Collate the evidence in chronological order – earliest to latest. Do not collate by file order and do not group by divisions such as specialists’ reports or rehab report.
- Present all copies of evidence in legible black print on white background, single-sided, loose-leafed, held together by a bulldog clip – not stapled or bound in any way.
- Do not annotate the evidence by numbers and do not use tabs unless you are drawing attention to a particular document referred to in your covering letter.
- Despatch the case in an envelope addressed to:
GPO BOX 2252
Canberra ACT 2601
This will ensure that the submission is delivered directly to the correct area for processing.
- Refer to the CSS and PSS invalidity notes for a list of the documents required for an invalidity retirement. These notes also contain:
• Help sheets to assist doctors with reports
• Help sheets to assist you with completing forms
• Information about Pre-assessment payments
• Information about Approved Medical Practitioners (AMP).